So you have decided to apply for a passport for your newborn? Many of you would agree that it’s quite challenging to take good shots of such young babies. This is because newborns often fall asleep during a passport photography session. Though getting a passport photo of your child can be a tiresome job, but you won’t be able to resist smiling when you recollect these small but important moments of his childhood. Therefore, if you want to succeed in getting a beautiful picture of your child, you should consider each step of getting a good passport photo for your child as a step towards attaining his true identification in this world.
Wondering how can you get your child’s passport photos, which you would love to cherish forever? Here are few tips:
- Ensure that the child has got a good amount of sleep before you take him for a passport photo session. The baby must be in good mood with his eyes open.
- The background of the passport photo should be white. Therefore, you should dress up the baby in contrasting color, which doesn’t blend much with the background color.
- Keep the copy of your baby’s birth certificate and his social security card handy.
- Babies may get cranky during passport photo session, so you should immediately take a break. Feed the baby if he is hungry, but you can use a bright colored toy to ensure he doesn’t fall asleep.
- If the baby is too young to hold his head straight, you can make him lie on a white cardboard and shoot a nice passport photo. You can also put the child in his car seat and put a white towel around him and then take the passport photo.
- Always check the passport rules set by government authority, it would help you take the desired shot without wasting much of your time and keeping the child calm.
- Parents should not try to support the child by putting their hand or holding the child from the back side.
- Don’t put any toys or dummies to console the child, which are visible through camera.
- The passport photograph of your child should look identical and should be printed on a low-gloss, plain white paper.
- The passport photo of your child should be in sharp focus and should be devoid of any unwanted shadow at the background.