Passport Photo Maker—Get Your Best Photos
Professional validation. Doorstep delivery. Unbeatable prices.
How to take your own biometric photo
Get the perfect biometric ID photo in 3 minutes or less.
Check out just how easy it is!
Take or upload a photo
First, snap a photo or upload one from your device. Our photo editing tool will help you frame the picture correctly.
Get your photo fine-tuned by AI
Next, AI fine-tunes your photo by adapting the background to meet all requirements. It also crops and resizes the image.
Let our experts verify the pictures
Finally, one of our experts carefully verifies the picture against official requirements. You get the feedback in under a minute.
Enjoy your new photos
Your 100% compliant photos are ready for instant download. You can also order printouts and get them delivered to your door.
Tips for taking your own biometric photos
Follow these steps to get the best results
Mind the distance
Pose 4–6 feet (1–2 meters) from the camera. Use a timer to take your photo or have someone snap it for you.
Face the camera directly
Keep your head straight. Avoid tilting your body or looking away. Remember: portrait mode is not suitable for any ID photos.
Ensure good lighting
Take your photos in daylight e.g., next to a bright window. Shadows on your face or in the background are not allowed.
Irish passport photo in a nutshell
Is it suitable for online submission?
Is it printable?
Need more details? Read the information below
How to convert a photo to passport size with our passport photo app
Resizing your image to meet the guidelines of an Irish passport photo couldn’t be simpler. You no longer need to look for convenient photography studios or photo booths in your area—you can take professional and compliant passport photos without stepping outside.
With our intuitive passport-size photo maker, you can create hassle-free biometric passport images (or visa photos)—in as little as 3 minutes! Here’s how it works:
- Take a photo at home. Make sure you snap it in a natural light source against a light-coloured background (e.g., white wall). Your smartphone’s digital camera is most likely perfectly suitable to take a high-quality passport photo
- Upload a photo. Once you’ve chosen the perfect photo, upload it to our mobile app or the online passport photo editor. The AI will crop, resize, and check if your image is compliant with the Irish passport photo requirements
- Get your passport photos. With our passport photo creator, you get the digital pictures in your inbox. Or, if you need passport photo prints, you can try our printing service to get acceptable passport-size photos straight to your doorstep!
Want to print passport photos yourself? You can do it at many convenient locations across Ireland (e.g., at Boots Photo). Download the printable image created with our passport-size photo maker and print it for pennies.
You’re 3 steps away from saving time and money on your Irish passport photos. Snap your best photo, and let our AI passport photo maker create passport-size pictures for you—fully automatically!
How to change the background of a passport-size photo?
Already have an image in a standard passport photo size, but the background doesn’t meet the requirements? Worry not—we’re here to solve the issue with our background remover feature.
Upload your photo to our Irish passport photo maker, and the AI will automatically adjust the background colour to the one required by your country (e.g., white background): no glitches, patchiness, or blurry spots. Within seconds, you’ll see the preview of your passport photo.
If you prefer desktop software, try our online passport photo maker!
Note: Not sure if your photo quality is compliant? Use our passport photo editor software with an expert evaluation! That way, you’ll be 100% sure the image will be accepted. If it’s not, we offer a money-back guarantee.
Making passport photos at home: quick tips
Can you wear prescription glasses? Not sure if smiling is allowed? We have the answers. Keep the following in mind when taking your own passport photo:
- You can wear glasses. However, make sure your eyes and facial features are still fully visible. Avoid thick or dark frames
- Choose appropriate clothing for an official document. Avoid any colours that blend with the background (i.e., white, grey, cream)
- Keep a neutral facial expression. A slight smile is acceptable, but don’t overdo it. Stay relaxed, keep your eyes open and mouth closed
Note that these tips apply to both passport and visa photos. If you have more detailed questions on how to take your own photo, read our guide covering all requirements for Irish passport photos here.
Note: Do you want to take a photo for your child’s passport? We have a comprehensive guide on how to take passport photos for babies stress-free.
Get Irish passport and visa photos in one place
Whether you need a standard passport-size photo, ID photo, or a visa photo—our passport photo size editor has templates for all those photo types.
Use our AI-powered photo app or the passport photo editor online to get all necessary features in one place. We'll crop, adjust the background, and print your images in no time. Download our app to create compliant biometric pictures for any document type!
Get a photo for your passport or other documents
Explore popular documents around the world