Create Perfect Photos with Our Passport Photo Maker
Professional validation. Automatic functions. Unbeatable prices.
How to take your own biometric photo
Get the perfect biometric ID photo in 3 minutes or less.
Check out just how easy it is!
Take or upload a photo
First, snap a photo or upload one from your device. Our photo editing tool will help you frame the picture correctly.
Get your photo fine-tuned by AI
Next, AI fine-tunes your photo by adapting the background to meet all requirements. It also crops and resizes the image.
Let our experts verify the pictures
Finally, one of our experts carefully verifies the picture against official requirements. You get the feedback in under a minute.
Enjoy your new photos
Your 100% compliant photos are ready for instant download. You can also order printouts and get them delivered to your door.
Tips for taking your own biometric photos
Follow these steps to get the best results
Mind the distance
Pose 4–6 feet (1–2 meters) from the camera. Use a timer to take your photo or have someone snap it for you.
Face the camera directly
Keep your head straight. Avoid tilting your body or looking away. Remember: portrait mode is not suitable for any ID photos.
Ensure good lighting
Take your photos in daylight e.g., next to a bright window. Shadows on your face or in the background are not allowed.
Canadian passport photo in a nutshell
Is it suitable for online submission?
Is it printable?
Need more details? Read the information below
How to use our passport photo maker
Gone are the days when taking a passport photo was a hassle. No need to search for a suitable photo-taking location or fret over your baby's behaviour in a photo studio. You can now create a perfect biometric photo with ease, in just 3 steps, from the comfort of your own home or wherever you may be!
Our Canadian passport-size photo maker is a user-friendly app that will simplify the process of preparing passport photos. Here’s how to use it:
- Snap a picture in any setting with natural light that doesn’t create shadows. You can use your phone camera or a digital camera.
- Upload your picture to our online tool or smartphone application. Our AI-supported passport photo editor will automatically crop, resize, and change the background colour, ensuring 100% compliance with official requirements.
- Order prints on high-quality paper and have them delivered directly to your doorstep. You will also receive a digital copy sent to your email address.
If you prefer to print your passport photo yourself, our passport photo maker also offers a template that you can use. Choose from your area’s print service providers and get high-quality images in standard passport-photo size.
Simple as ABC—take the photo, and our Canadian passport photo tool will handle the rest!
How do I convert a photo to passport size?
We’re here to assist you if you already have a passport-style photo with a white background but require resizing.
All you need to do is upload your image and select your preferred photo type. Our passport photo resizer will take care of the rest, automatically transforming your images into passport-size photos without requiring you to cut the photo yourself.
And if you have a photo that doesn’t have a white background, don't worry! There’s more to discover about our passport photo editor—keep reading!
Background colour editor and other automatic functions
Our passport photo converter makes creating a flawless biometric photo easy with just one click.
We will change your picture’s background, provide the highest quality, and print your photographs on proper photographic paper. Additionally, our passport photo experts will carefully examine your photo to ensure that it meets all the requirements for it to be accepted by the authorities.
Canadian passport photo online: tips
Our team will provide you with feedback if your photo fails to meet the official guidelines. However, you can get a perfect photo for your passport by following these tips:
- Wear casual clothing that reflects your everyday appearance. While you can wear a suit or a dress if you prefer, it’s essential to keep in mind that passport photos must capture your natural look
- Avoid wearing white or light-coloured clothing as it might blend with the photo background
- Maintain a neutral facial expression and ensure that all your facial features are clearly visible, with your eyes open and mouth closed
Note: you can read more about Canadian passport photo requirements here.
Create your best photo together with our passport photo app!
Get a photo for your passport or other documents
Explore popular documents around the world