Get the Best Baby Passport Photo
100% government-compliant and stress-free baby passport photos in 1 minute.
How to take your own biometric photo
Get the perfect biometric ID photo in 3 minutes or less.
Check out just how easy it is!
Take or upload a photo
First, snap a photo or upload one from your device. Our photo editing tool will help you frame the picture correctly.
Get your photo fine-tuned by AI
Next, AI fine-tunes your photo by adapting the background to meet all requirements. It also crops and resizes the image.
Let our experts verify the pictures
Finally, one of our experts carefully verifies the picture against official requirements. You get the feedback in under a minute.
Enjoy your new photos
Your 100% compliant photos are ready for instant download. You can also order printouts and get them delivered to your door.
Tips for taking your own biometric photos
Follow these steps to get the best results
Mind the distance
Pose 4–6 feet (1–2 meters) from the camera. Use a timer to take your photo or have someone snap it for you.
Face the camera directly
Keep your head straight. Avoid tilting your body or looking away. Remember: portrait mode is not suitable for any ID photos.
Ensure good lighting
Take your photos in daylight e.g., next to a bright window. Shadows on your face or in the background are not allowed.
Baby passport photo in a nutshell
Is it suitable for online submission?
Is it printable?
Need more details? Read the information below
What are the guidelines for a baby passport photo?
When applying for an Irish passport for your baby, you must submit a photograph that meets specific child passport photo requirements stated by the Irish Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA).
Depending on the application mode, you might need the following:
4 identical passport photos if you apply for a baby’s passport using the paper form
1 digital passport photo if you apply for a child’s passport online
And here is a set of common requirements, regardless of the application type. A passport-size photo must:
- Be taken in the last 6 months, in colour, top quality, with no shadows or glare
- Have a plain background in light grey, cream, or white colour
- Show facial features clearly. Head coverings are not allowed except for religious or medical reasons. If the infant needs glasses, this is fine as long as glares or reflections are not present
- Have the baby’s full head and shoulder take up 70–80% of the photo frame
The baby should be awake and face forward with a neutral facial expression and eyes open. It’s fine if the baby’s eyes are not looking straight at the camera or the mouth is slightly open. Even a subtle smile would get the green light.
Where to get a baby passport photo?
Taking a passport photo in Ireland is possible at pharmacies, professional photo studios, photo labs, or stores such as Photo-Me, but these places may not have the required equipment to take a baby's passport picture. For more precise results, google “baby passport photo near me” to find the most suitable location.
Or get the perfect passport photo from home without taking your baby out of his comfort zone, avoiding crying, tantrums, and stressful moments in the studio. Download the ePassportPhoto app on Google Play or App Store and enjoy the most convenient service for children's passport photos.
How to print baby passport photos?
In case you already got the digital passport image, you might go to any of the following stores to print the baby passport photos:
- Boots printing photo booth
How to take a baby passport photo online?
Take a baby passport photo conveniently with your iPhone or Android phone in 3 minutes from home—you only need to grab your phone and open ePassportPhoto.
This passport photo tool includes a 100% government compliance guarantee or a double-money refund. Get biometric photographs suitable for both paper or online baby passport applications. Perfect for your little ones, from 6-week-old babies to toddlers.
To get a passport photo of your newborn, follow these simple steps:
- Prepare a plain, white blanket or bed sheet and place your baby on it. Or forget about this step if you’re using a professional passport photo maker.
- Ensure the lighting is good and the baby is looking at the camera with their eyes open. It’d be preferable if the mouth is closed, though it can be open partially.
- Take multiple pictures so that you can choose the best one.
- Edit the picture up to the official requirements and size or get it resized, tweaked by AI, and double-checked by a passport photo expert.
- Save the photo on your device and submit it online with your passport application or get the printed photos delivered to your place, ready to hand in along with the completed application form at the passport office.
Get a photo for your passport or other documents
Explore popular documents around the world